A year or so ago, some people on this board agreed that they preferred the sound of the 288-K's over the sound of the 288-G's. I now have a set of 288-8k's and two pairs of 288-16G's. I am using them in a p.a. system for a blues/rock band. The 288-16G's were double the money and worth every extra penny in my book. The K's are still better than anything I have heard from other non - Altec companies, but they do not stand up to the G's for a p.a. system. I am wondering, to those who feel the K is the better driver, what do you use them for? I was wondering if the K's were better for home stereo. Also, I wonder if the difference I am hearing has more to do with comparing an 8 ohm driver to a 16 ohm driver than it does with comparing an alnico driver to a ferrite driver. Bill from GPA told me that the K's had better highs. Has any one ever played the two side by side for a p.a. system? Any insights are welcome.